Going Really Long!

Friday 18 June 2010

A Fantastic Day!

Much cooler today and a wonderful route. I rode really strongly and was back in the first third or so of the riders. Crossing the Severn Bridge was just amazing; I have a painting at home that hangs over the fireplace which is a view of two Hercules flying over the bridge! Incredible to be cycling along looking at the view having once flown over it.And to add the cherry to the cake Mum and Dad were at the Clifton Suspension Bridge and then again at the finish, lovely to get a hug after a week amongst strangers so to speak. Unfortunately though I was riding solo as Dave has come down with the bug, he did struggle round in a very slow time but won't be riding tomorrow and is very unwell and now in the isolation area. I can't tell you how sad I feel for him. Hopefully with a day of rest he will be able to complete the journey on Sunday. Now I just have to hope I can avoid it for another 2 days.The Halfords shorts worked well and the laundry have produced a clean set of clothes too. So things are looking up on the attire front!There is always so much to do every day. I had hoped to get back and write a longer blog but somehow between eating, showering, dressing crash injuries, massage etc suddenly it's bed time.The last two legs will be tough as we travel through the Mendips, through Devon and on through Cornwall. Mick - I'll be saving up for a triple and a 12-27 for our Raid next year :-)Can't believe it's coming to a conclusion, it really is like some kind of alternate reality at the moment. Sorry, forgot the stats ... 7:26 and 111 miles, 133 watts, 15.7 mph and max of 45 mph - that's a record for me! Grok on ...

1 comment:

  1. Wow! that's some blog and am envious of you both. Been tucking into too much wine at my nephews wedding (and days before and after) but wish I was with you. Well done to you both. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete