Going Really Long!

Tuesday 15 June 2010

Halford Heroes

What a day, 131 miles, 7:57, 132 bpm heart rate, 127 watts, 16.6 mph. Beautiful sunshine and the first section was fast. At the first pit stop my right cleat broke so I had to ride 35 miles with one and a half legs! Halfords Bikehut guys have been totally awesome and got a new cleat to me at the next pitstop. My food wasn't at either stop today other than cans of tuna ... Fortunately I carry my own nutrition bars but having something different really raises the spirits and trust me there is only so much tuna you can eat from a can! All appeared to be peachy until some massive climbs ensued and both Dave and I are now suffering a bit with sore knees. At 130 miles we managed to crash; we think it was weed that caught in my wheel, but whatever the cause we both fell and I now have road rash left hip and bashed knee (which will scar). I now truly look like a pro rider with plasters all over the place! Biggest issue is I wrecked my remaining good pair of shorts so I'm now short-less pretty much as the unwashed ones have yet to dry properly! Food is excellent at this stop. The base camps are leap-frogging one another, and this set up has the best chef. Both bikes are having running repairs for crash damage but should be good to go in the morning. Having a great time, and all this on one hour's sleep. We start at the base of Kirkstone Pass tomorrow ... :-) Grok on ...

3 comments:

  1. Just as well you are getting reflexology when you come home, Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelda and Dave
    At last a comment from me! I forgot about your blog and remembered tonight so have enjoyed reading what you're up to. You're doing great guys. Better weather ahead for the next few days I think. Take care see you soon. Luv Sharon

    ReplyDelete